The NMC Campus is a virtual laboratory available to NMC member institutions and their faculty. Located in the virtual world of Second Life, it has been carefully constructed to provide researchers and students dozens of prebuilt settings for experiments in social interaction in 3-D space (more about NMC Campus...).
This site provides documentation and other helpful information for campus visitors (note our new address http://sl.nmc.org/wiki). As a wiki, we hope our users will help us create some of the content.
- NMC Campus...
- About NMC Campus - a quick overview
- Campus Code of Conduct - our two simple rules we ask everyone to review
- Join NMC Campus
- How to Get Started in Second Life - pointers for creating accounts and getting your "legs" in Second Life
- Campus Quick Reference - one page printable reference guide
- NMC Campus SLURLs
- Campus Map - location of main campus buildings and linked SLURLs to teleport there
- Web Sites that mention us
- Using NMC Campus...
- Ideas for How the Campus Might Be Used - we are looking for ideas!
- Suggestions for Groups and Classes Meeting on Campus - information for those setting up campus activities
- How to Get your Events on the Campus Calendar
- Tips and Tricks - We ask campus visitors to share their useful tips
- Time Zone notes Second Life is global -- see the times in popular cities compared with SLT
- NMC Campus Teachers' Workshop Series
- Working Groups
- NMC Orientation Island
- NMC Campus Phase II Expansion Project
- Ideas for Creating NMC Campus Faculty Certification
- Teacher's Buzz Session - informal meet-ups for people teaching in SL
- Event Archives
- Impact of Digital Media Symposium Oct 10-21, 2006
- NMConnect Feb 11-13, 2007
- Live Sessions from EDUCAUSE Focus Session on Immersive Learning Environments Mar 27-28, 2007
- See Also...
- NMC Campus Observer - The online news source about NMC Campus!
- Great videos about Second Life
- Web Resources - our "tagged" resources collected in del.icio.us
- Good Practices for Teaching and Learning in Second Life